When your toddler starts developing his talent as well as his prospect, it is your chief job as a parent to save him from harm. Even though childproofing gets your job simpler, it does not get rid of the need for direction. There is a need to observe the child’s most of the walking moments at this age. Even though there will be some movements at the split second, as you fail to watch or at the time when your tot have a visit to the house which is not a childproofed one, it is clever to teach your child about the safety rules, teach him not to go close to the stove, not to touch the electrical appliances, not to run into the street or driveway, in case if he hit upon matches ask him to hand it over to daddy or mommy. In order to get into practice of the rule of handing over the sharp objects, matches or tablets give reward for your tot; it can be in any way that you think suitable. The lists given below helps you regarding childproofing various regions of your residence.
- Normally, you may try to leave the treats out of site of your toddler, but, in case, if he comes to know about the place where you had stored them, he may attempt to avail the concealed stash at the time when you turn back and get himself hurt. Select the cupboard that is far away from your stove and the place must not need the child to climb for getting it.
- Whenever it is possible for you, try to utilize your back burners in your stove and turn the handles of the vessels inwards so that the child cannot reach it. Supposing, if you possess chest freezer, always maintain them locked and place the key in the place that cannot be seen by the child. Tot who tries to reach the deep freezer for getting back the Popsicle may drop in.
- Do not place small domestic devices near the sink. When a child tries to wash the hand he may knock the device unknowingly into the sink and get shock.
- Place your toddler in a chair that is highly positioned so that your child is far away from curtain cords, heat, plants tables, people traffic and countertops.
- Position your food-processer and knives in a latch-locked drawer that is separately located from other utensils.
- Lock every product that is used for cleaning purpose, keep it in the original bottle and make a note about their stuffing.
- Just ahead of discarding the knot tie a dry-cleaning baggage, in case if you try to recycle the bare plastic grocery containers, keep it out of reach of your tot.
- Supposing, if you make a purchase of a novel dishwasher, select one that holds interior lock, this prevent your child from opening it. Along with the other cleaners of the kitchen, lock the detergent also.
- Flammable items like paper towels must be kept on the holder, furthermore, dish cloths and pot holder must be maintained in the place that is away from heat.
- On every drawer and cupboards install strong safety handles.
- On your kitchen wall place your fire extinguisher and it must not be just above your stove.
- Make sure your child is supervised at all time while out in your yard.
- Ensure debris and sharp objects have been collected from the lawn or other outdoor areas.
- Make sure if you have a pool that you have a Government approved Pool Fence.
- Ensure outdoor areas like patios are clear of moss and algae to avoid slips or falls. A professional team like Housewashing Brisbane can ensure the job is done right.
- Reference any gardening blogs to ensure that none of the plants in your gardens could potentially be poisonous.
- Make sure your child has adequate sun protection, like sunscreen and a hat.
- Ensure your child avoids stairs or retaining walls that could result in falls.
- Many of the family water heaters are positioned between 50 & 55C (122 to 131 F). Bring down the temperature of the water heater to 48 C (118F) so that the bacteria in the water get killed, but see to that the water is not so hot to burn the tender skin.
- At this age the child cannot hold the breath when the face is soaked under water. You may not be in a need to hold him when he takes bath; however, it is not good to put down him alone to take bath.
- Do not fill up the bathtub above few centimeters as there is a possibility for the baby to get drowned even in few litters of water.
- When the water gets draining, it is risk to leave the child to take bath alone this is because even a toy or face cloth can block the drain and allow the tub to get filled, this may cause the child to drown into it.
- Check whether the rubber drains corks are secure enough to the drain of the bathtub and see to that they are not too little to ground a choking risk.
- Spread a non-skid bathmat inside the bathtub.
- Close your toilet lid because tot may get drowned into it or get bump as well as concussions from your cover of the toilet.
- Fix safety handles on every single cupboards as well as drawers.
- Lock each and every poisonous substance like cosmetics, medications, mouth washes and perfumes.
- Make sure that every medications hold child-resistant lids.
- Keep a fastener handle on bathrooms outside door in order to keep the crawling babe out.
- You must be sure that your kid cannot fasten the door of the bathroom when he is in.
- Utilize soap containers, toothbrush holders and cups that cannot be broken. Always cover your tub discharge in order to avoid dripping of the hot water.
- Make sure that you hold locks on your drawers, cupboards plus medicine cabinet.
- Use clear bathe curtain so that you can see your baby, however, his sprays are contained.
- Place the bath playthings inside a plastic basket along with the drainage holes.
- Place a chair or bench next to the bathtub for the controlling parent.
- Fix safety handles on your drawers contained in the night-table or some other drawers that holds items that may harm your baby.
- By making use of special hardware secure your bookshelves along with the wall, be sure that the dressers do not get tipped over.
- Strictly do not utilize electric bedspread for your child.
- Check the toys frequently to spot out the broken bits or missing.